Tuesday, April 14, 2009

From A trailer Park Near You . . . White Trash!

The first time I encountered this tag-team, White Trash," I was not so impressed. I did a snap shot review on the message board that went like this:

". . .I got a look at "White Trash" a new tag team with a familiar back-yard theme of being "from a trailer park near you." They were ineffective in their pre-match mike work, due to an extreme echo factor in the venue and their actual wrestling skills were typical of young newcomers. . . ."
Well, truth is, their mike work was rendered useless due to inaudibility - by me, remembering that I am deaf as a post and small speakers and echoing walls do not help.

"... One thing to note on the "White Trash" tag team - both kids wore boots and were braced properly, so I would have to chalk up the jeans-T shirt gimmick up to looking "white trashy" which is a legit use of the costume. In retrospect, I "get" what the large chrome wrench was for, but what was up with the toy horsey?"

Well, what was "up" with the "toy horsey" was a rib on Cowboy Buddy Love, their opponent and the "enemy of the hour."
Sometimes when I think I "get it," I actually don't get it at all.
Lastly, I said, "Look for 'White Trash' to improve on a steep curve as they learn more and more from different opponents. Having already mastered 'Facial Expression 101' it seems like a good idea to next work on wrestling moves and body language."

Well, I got it all wrong on several levels.

The photograph above tells half the tale. The other half came from revisiting White Trash at another SPW show, and lo, what a difference!

". . . I have been doing this for 9 years and my partner has been doing this for 17 years . . . " That is what the younger of the two partners wrote in rebuttal to bandwagon critics who ran with my review.

So they are not rookies. My bad. Anybody can have an off night. That was the reason for the second look. Sure enough, in a 3-way tag team, against skilled opponents, including Punk Nation the veterans, Doctor X and Medic, team White Trash wrestled like stars, on the ground, in the air, on the floor, and true to their nature, cheated like Alabama Moonshiners on Tax Day to get their win.

Said a Punk Nation spokesman, ". . . the only reason you beat us last night is your friend hit my brother with is wrench and y'all stole the win so as soon as my brother gets his head back on straight after you two cheated to keep the titles we will be coming for those titles and for your blood because now it is personal. . ."

Commented Medic, "... and stole my whole bag of marshmallows and ate them all. . ."

Second time is the charm for these trailer park based champions. They hold the belt and all the cards, as well as a pretty good 14" ratchet handle.
I commented afterward more or less privately, that these guys "didn't seem like a good fit to local ( read that as Pensacola) story lines, but I was wrong about that as well. White trash VS The Invasion, VS The Redneck Mafia or VS Milo and Frost would in any case be a barn burner.

I hope that any and all promoters give WT a look-see for possible future matches, but I suggest that you lock your pickup trucks and hide your women, and for God's sake, don't let them near Kory Jackson.

They cheat.

No comments:

Post a Comment