Friday, September 18, 2009

Wrestling and Then Wrestling; The FRF Obsessed With Wrestling

I am probably obsessed with wrestling.

I photograph wrestling shows with permission of the owners, though I am not nearly as good as Lil Bub or Spiderman. Half the time Erick gets at least one better shot than I do; he's probably obsessed with wrestling as well, but that's another story.

Others are a bit obsessed; the Front Row Fanatics cheer for Bobby Doll and at the same time seem to cheer against Turbo Ted. Gargoyle in particular has more fun than ought to be legal when he is at a wrestling show and look whst he has to choose from.

Culture Shock Wrestling; I greatly enjoy this show, but the venue is a bit small for my wheelchair. Not fair to others for me to be there even as a spectator. I have seen Gargoyle holler himself hoarse there.

Ultimate Wrestling Pensacola; the Hearses try so hard to accomodate me there and other wheelchair bound as well, but again, I am so big that it inevitably crowds someone. FRF are in their glory there. No match goes silent with these fans around.

Ultimate Wrestling Milton; I can easily move about in the SRCA, and the acoustics amplify the FRF to an extreme, with the crowd following.

Message Board fandom. At least one member of the FRF takes me to task periodically when I am not doing things his particular way, and that's OK. When wrestling comes around, he is into what's happening and not any sideshow created online by me or one or all of my many enemies.

The "Lady In Turquoise" as I know her to be gives Bobby Doll more heat then the hood of a black Texas Cadillac. That's fun to be a part of.

Then there is Erick. Not good to be a heel when he fixes on you.

I've been dogging Marcus Gibbes some, but thuth be told, his wrestling improves steadily. And Death Row; he can scare the chrome off an oldsmobile with one look.

I cheer for Turbo.

I cheer for Marcel.

I think Steve Armstrong is teriffic.

I wish a Florida booker would pick up Adrian Whisper, because his wrestling is a treat to watch. Fans will be brough to their feet, one way or another!

I feel bad that I will not be able to cheer for Steve from Chicago again because I will never go to anotherAWF Mobile show.

1) because I can't stand Nathan Crown as a wrestler or as a person and
2) because their floor gets (as of visits in the past) too much traffic with wrestlers brawling in the crowd. I don't feel safe, though Garrett and Nightmare were very professional when they did it, so I might have caught a few bad times.

Speaking of brawling.

Ultimate paid out the cost of a good pickup truck for stainless steel barriers to surround the ring area, and it is rumored that the wrestlers will not wrestle "off" them due to the danger of concussion or other harm.

Now THAT makes me feel safer and it lends a sense of boundary to the proceedings. I can watch Brutal Joe Gibson VS Death Row without having to DODGE Brutal Joe or Mr. Row.

I wonder what an ordinary wrestling fan is like. I only know obsessed fans like Chris Knight in Defuniak who wants badly to be a wrestler and has only managed to become a toon celebrity. Perhaps (whoever it was) was right and I owe him an apology for the "shoot comix" of him, but at the same time, he was laughing pretty hard the last time I talked to him on the phone.

Maybe I will make him a Chris Knight button - I will see him tomorrow and speak with him to see if I do indeed owe him an apology.

So what kind of p### poor wrestling fan am I if I can't take a video depicting all the things I dispise to hear people say about me. That I am obese; duh. That my body is breaking down prior to my iminent death sometime in the next ten years and it occasionally leaks inappropriately; sad but not preventable. That I sell stuff at a table...

Well, hasn't that been a sticking point for a number of years.

I am not "in" wrestling. I am "at" wrestling.

I pay cash for the food I eat and I pay in pixels for the admission graciously offered me by promoters.

I believe wrestlers should be paid whenever they perform.

I believe wheelchairs should get into a show free.

I believe promotions should give to chairty; the Red cross, the Salvation Army, the USO, somebody.

I believe fans should be safe in their chairs when at wrestling.

I believe that any wrestler with guts enough to sell pitctures should sell them all and go home with jingle.

I believe that the FRF is a prototype for a fun time at wrestling.

I am obsessed. No doubt.

Quoting the late Ricky Nelson, "if you can't please everyone, got to learn to please yourself"

18 minutes of Bobby Doll video footage that shines.

They are doing video right.

The "others..." Well, they're obsessed with me for some reason and most of them aren't even gay.

Must be a "fat thing."