Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Alabama Wrestling Federation - Gone, But Not Gone

Disassociating the Alabama Wrestling Federation from the "faction" of "Heatseekers, INC." is a little like trying to disassociate cows from milk. "Heatseekers, INC" is a faction within the AWF and as such, as they cut promos and such, represent the AWF each and every time they do so, like it or not.

It follows as a matter of simple fact, that "Heatseeker" Doink The Clown is portrayed within the context of indy pro wrestling by AWF owner/promoter Dwayne Henderson. You didn't know? You;d have to have lived in Alaska to be unaware of this tidbit of Gulf Coast Wrestling Trivia.

I am told, with whatever reliability comes with such discussions that "Heatseeker" Nathan Crown is the current AWF booker (the guy who arranges the matches and brings in assorted wrestlers).

I don't know who yahoo # 3 is, nor do I care. Point is, "Heatseekers" were responsible for shooting and posting a series of bad taste videos on YOUtube, then locally linking them on the AWF message board, for consumption by local area wrestling fans. So distasteful were these video depictions of aids infection, simulated homosexual acts and bad behavior on the part of "Heatseekers" that I took unilateral action in behalf of decent wrestling fans everywhere and removed the links to AWF message board and web site from my own web site, which serves as a clearing house of sorts to direct folks here or there in local wrestling.

Retaliation was inevitable and swift on "Heatseekers'" part. This morning they posted yet another video, this time a depiction of me, containing various humilliations and jabs aimed specifically at hurting me as much as they possibly could.

One would be quick to point the finger at Crown, with whom I spent the entire day in verbal disagreement with, but that would be an error. it was in fact, my friend of 9 years, Dwayne Henderson calling the shots, because nothing happens in or around the AWF without his hand on the wheel.

In any war, when shots are fired, only the grass wins.

So disgusted was I at this betrayal and at the behavior of this grown man I have called my friend for so long, that I suspended the Alabama Wrestling Federation web site from the Internet and claimed as damages for (as lawyers put it) pain and suffering, the Bamawrestling.com domain name which happens to be up for renewal this fall.

Basically, Bamawrestling.com is out of business until I restore it to its former state.

Late this afternoon, Promoter Henderson tendered an apology on the GCWO message board and offerrd to and subsequently did withdraw the toxic videos from his YOUtube. I believe the apology to be insincere, although the deletion of the offensive material was a step in the right direction.

We are currently at a stalemate. He believes he is right and that he has the right to punk, humiliate, broadcast lies or do exactly as he pleases, and I believe that his idiotic behavior and that of his associates in "Heatseekers" is childish, immature and abominable.

Stalemate, right?

Maybe not.

I have something he wants; it is something he believes he cannot do without. Therefore, the leverage belongs to me and this is how it shall be in order to attain it.

What I want is for Dwayne Henderson - not Doink the clown or Crown the punk or dolacky the nameless, but Dwayne himself to cut a video apologizing personally and by name to each and every individual that the specific videos in contention tastelessly slandered. The apology must be contrite and sincere and bear no reference to "I thought you had a sense of humor."

The video is to be posted on YOUtube, and subsequently placed on my message board and his to run simultaneosuly for 24 hours from the time of posting.

When I see this video and am satisfied with its contents, I will restore the AWF web site intact to the Internet. It has only been suspended and not deleted as of yet.

If satisfied, I will fulfil the other requests that have been made insofar as restoration, after which the AWF can use the remainder of their hosting time to either find a new host and registrar or make further arrangements with me to continue services.

Failure to comply with this request will result in a continuation of present circumstances.

If the Alabama Wrestling Federation is to be a productive and functioning part of the Greater Gulf Coast Wrestling community (and I mean the actual community, not my web site), bizarre behavior needs to be regulated with some common sense.

If the AWF promoter is as smart as even I claim he is, then he will do this and learn and profit from the experience.

I will never have my friend back. That ship has sailed. But if the resolution of this incident serves as a pathway by which AWF can become a reasonable, mature and more family friendly web citizen, then my task will be complete.

It's a simple proposal and an easy task.

Your turn now, AWF.