Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lost In Alabama - Heat Seekers Inc Fan gets an answer to his post


It's Professional Wrestling, not "a night at the opera."

The disappearance of Alabama Wrestling Federation (AWF) buttons (links) from the front page of Gulf Coast Wrestling.com appears to have affected one (or possibly) two AWF fans with a case of "indignation" if comments on the official AWF Message Board is any indication.

A person calling themselves "Heat Seeker Fan" writes, (unedited) "i would like to start a petition to bring back the heat seakers to the gcw board they are the funnyest thang going today"

Truth be, Heat Seekers' promo material resides on the board right now and is not banned. Videos will be scrutinized for "content VS Terms of Service" on a post-by-post basis, just as all content is, but currently, no AWF material is banned from the GCW Message Board.

"... and i like the way nobody is getting mad besides the gcw board heat seakers are good for wrestling i agree some things were a little far but there was no nudity or anything that bad that should have gotten them kicked off."

"Kicked off" refers to the removal of the AWF Message Board link ftom the GCW front page in the "message Board Link" section. All message boards that are a part of the Gulf Coast Wrestling Network of Message Boards are scrutinized for content and when the content gets too risqué or detrimental to the health and good order of wrestling, based on my judgment, the link is severed. When the Message Board regains its compatibility with GCW Terms of Service, it is restored by request of its owner/promoter.

". . . if any thing the guys being talked about ought to be glad someone is even bringing them up because we all really know how these shows on the coast are but this makes them interesting i can go to a dspw show and see the angle that heat seakers are playing up so i like it."

What this fan likes or does not like is his affair entirely and no affair of my own. Liking Heat Seekers, as he does, he can see them in action at AWF's next show or enjoy their video antics on AWF's Message Board, or YOUtube.

What is my affair is making decisions pertinent to my own web site and that is what I have done.

"... long live heat seakers i hate to see them go under but gcw has it out for them because they said 'button men' "

Personally mentioning me on their video is inconsequential to me. A rib is a delicate thing to pull off and that rib on me was successful to a degree.

It's the "other" material I object to and I have spoken to the officials at AWF, outlining my objections to the current crop of videos and those powers that be know exactly where I stand. They are free to do or not do anything that they please, independently of my opinion. Folks who "cant get enough Heat Seekers" certainly know exactly how to scratch that itch.

Anybody who has been around Gulf Coast Wrestling for any length of time knows I have a low tolerance for promotion bashing, wrestler bashing and so-called "shoot interviews" on video. I believe they are destructive and bad for our area wrestling.

Some people believe that I personally am destructive and "bad for wrestling. It's all just ego and personality and posturing. I am weary of it, and yet I have a responsibility to keep my web site as close to family friendly as possible. What "family" would want to go to independent wrestling anywhere after watching one of this new crop of videos? None with kids, I'd wager.

We in wrestling should be trying to convince the public of our maturity and sense of responsibility. How does pretending or intimating that a wrestler has "AIDS" promote indy wrestling.

I believe that Heat Seekers has gone too far. They certainly probably disagree.

It's not that hard to be gentlemen about the issue.

Good luck to us with that.