Friday, March 20, 2009

Last Word On DSPW FOR Now

Gulf Coast Wrestling is a fan web site. It's strength lies in the timely display of wrestling posters displayed to inform other fans of upcoming shows by assorted promoters.

My friend Norm said, "In my opinion, you should, at a minimum, allow a discussion board and post flyers for ALL promotions along the Gulf Coast."

His comment was in criticism of my refusal to display promotional material connected to DSPW. His opinion as expressed changed my mind. After all, Mickey is still my friend. And right now, GCW's front page is displaying a poster for a barn burner of an event "RAMPAGE IN A CAGE" at the Jackson County Fairgrounds Pavillion on 2902 Shortcut Road in Pascagoula, Mississippi, run by Adrian Whisper (Gangsta Of Destruction), a guy I lost a fist fight to, a year ago in Loxley, Al.

I need to give up on grudges. Grudges between people working toward the common good of the betterment of indy pro wrestling do NOT promote the common good. Everybody loses in a fight and the collateral damage is often not worth whatever victim might be claimed.

So I didn't get treated by DSPW how I thought I should have been. I no longer care, nor is it relevant to the fans' betterment.

To make matters worse, I messed up and got a couple of the kid wrestlers from DSPW wrong. Cowboy Ray is the wrestler who comes out to the ring in jeans, which would stretch the point that jeans= cowboy and therefore he actually has a gimmick - the jeans. Click HERE to see Brian's promo picture of Cowboy Ray.

Tell you what. Click on that poster top left, get the particulars on DSPW's "Fan Appreciation Night." and decide for yourself about the promotion, storyline or reported lack thereof, and non-wrestler participation in matches - you know, the stuff I have been griping about.

Worst that could happen would be you spend $3 per person and are entertained enormopusly by the speed and agility of Jerry Reiner, the style of the Rebel, the intensity of the redneck mafia, or the stamina of Bobby Cage.

Better for me to be wrong than for wrestling to be short a fan.

If you loved the show, bust my chops on the message board next day.

This especially goes for Norm, who has an easy ride to Brewton (I believe).

I will not be attending DSPW events in the forseeable future due to ongoing disagreement between Tiswell and me.

I stay away from the XIW Event for much the same reason. Putting on a wrestling event is tough enough without having to deal with some guy whose guts you allegedly hate (He has not actually said so, it is simply intuitive).

So my table and my self will be in Wassau, Florida Friday March 21 for the AWF (Chipley) show, where I can hang out in a place I feel comfortable and safe. Then, the following week, I will be in Geneva for the SPW show there. I'll be busy and I have friends in Geneva as well.

Maybe I will see you there. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to see that you've put the DSPW flyers back up on the site, Bob. I understand your beef with Tiny and frankly, I can't blame you. But as you've already agreed, you've built too good a reputation for www.gulfcoastwrestling.com as a hub for all things related to Gulf Coast indy wrestling than to banish one group or another.

    As for me, Mossy Head is a much, much shorter drive than Brewton. Plus, CSW remains my favorite indy promotion on the Gulf Coast. I just love the crowd's energy. I do want to go to a DSPW show eventually, as I'm very curious.

    ReplyDelete