Thursday, March 19, 2009

Et Tu Brian?

Quoting a blogspot quote from Brian Reese:

"Due to the recent lack of professionalism,lack of integrity and unspeakable,childish antics of the webmaster of Gulf Coast Wrestling.com Mr. Bob Liddil towards Gulf Coast independent wrestling promotion,Dirty South Pro Wrestling (DSPW) whereas he removed both the DSPW message board and their website off of his own affiliated website, from this moment forward I will be posting all of the information in regards to upcoming shows and late-breaking news and information regarding to DSPW right here exclusively on WrestlingNewsCenter.com.Due to confidentiality issues and out of respect for all parties involved in this controversy,I cannot nor will I not discuss the situation involving the animosities between Mr. Liddil and his personal rift of friction with those who run and those whom that are involved with DSPW and vice-versa."

Brian is a gifted writer and photographer, whose uncanny and descriptions of wrestling events in our area are a boon to fans and promotions alike. Having been encouraged by under appreciated advisers to reach out and become more involved with pro wrestling companies along the Gulf Coast, Brian's Ring Announcer duties, much in demand as they are, affords him access to both ringside and locker room, resulting in spectacular graphics to accompany his lucid descriptions of area activities on national blogs such as the one from which the above quote stems.

What Brian, nor anyone else has a clue about, is that Tiny Tiswell ordered the removal of web site and message board from my site, months ago. It has been his continued wish from the time he assumed "command" of DSPW, to rid the promotion of any influence by me.

Really, all he had to do was ask.

I am disappointed in the content of the above statement.

". . . lack of professionalism, lack of integrity and unspeakable, childish antics of the webmaster of Gulf Coast Wrestling.com Mr. Bob Liddil towards Gulf Coast independent wrestling promotion,Dirty South Pro Wrestling . . ."

Pretty harsh words, written, I speculate, to suck up to DSPW management, and perhaps gain a little extra "cred" with pretty much "nobody."

Professionalism - I do not recall ever representing http://gulfcoastwrestling.com/ as a "professional" web site. It is a fan web site and I am that fan.

Lack of integrity - With no dog in the fight and everything to gain by currying DSPW's Tiswell's favor, what would Mr. Reese know of "Integrity" in this instance. How, for example, would he be aware that Tiswell had ordered the DSPW web site and Message Board shuttered. Indeed, unbeknownst to Mr. Reese, the DSPW Message Board is NOT deleted. I have simply removed its online link. It is in fact, right where it has always been.

Childish Antics - well he's got me on that one. Mia culpa. Much like a similar tantrum tossed some years ago by Mr. Reese, toward the Alabama Wrestling Federation in Mobile, Al, I have been known to be insulted, even lose my temper when disrespected after having sunk a thousand hours into helping put over a promotion. So my tantrum was over a personal besmirchment, Mr. Reese's departure and subsequent boycott of AWF was over a young woman. Six of one . . .

Unspeakable? - Hey, Roscoe,* I posted comments on a message board, I didn't shoot the man's dog or narc the location of his still. Unspeakable? Mr. Reese needs to calm down and have a glass of Kool-Aid.

As my friends abandon me one by one, you might think I am angry. Not so much. I am hardly surprised when someone lets me down these days, because loyalty is an old fashioned concept, very much out of style in some quarters. Friendship is a token thing, to be traded for pieces of silver at the offering, and bought back for copper later on with the passage of time.

This happens ever so often. People who claim to be my friend, having accepting my help in some form or another sometimes don't make the cut. This makes real friends all the more valuable.

Real men fight in the morning and the loser buys the beer in the afternoon, which is a metaphor for disagreement leading to forgiveness.

How could I complain against such a man as Brian, for helping set up a new MySpace for DSPW. What's laughable is that they are displaying the very logo I designed for the promotion. I am flattered that they value my work more than myself. I think I am, anyhow.

But the hurtful words quoted above are a step beyond. It tells me that I am expendable to yet another person.

Heh.

No reason for me not to be. I am irascible and old and irritable, and crippled, and as of this morning now 70% deaf. Better to look to Brian Reese, the new generation, the talented photographer, bright writer, aficionado and promoter of Diva beauty, ring announcer and all around swell fellow. He'll git'er done, I am sure.

Me, I will stick to the friends I have left, the ones who understand quid pro quo. I am sure that Brian Reese will come into a full understanding of quid pro quo or the lack of it, should he hang around Tiny Tiswell long enough.

*Rosco - a reference to Rosco P Coltrane, the quick to jump to conclusions sheriff who was nemesis to Bo and Luke Duke on the hit TV Series "Dukes Of Hazard." I sometimes call people by comedic names when I am put out by some characteristic like, for example, being a drama queen.

Click for Roscoe Here