Monday, March 16, 2009

Dogs, Kids, Punctuation, Movies and Two Wrestlers Named Milo and BTY

A new addition to the family has turned my world upside down. He's a black terrier with a white Mohawk on the top of his head and the smallest bladder of any canine I have ever seen. He coerces Erick, who is his principle caregiver, to take him "out" at least a dozen times a day. We, (Linda, Erick and me) adopted him from the Humane Society in Pensacola, a no-kill shelter that somewhat specializes in hopeless case animals in need of a home.

At New Heights Wrestling the other night, we set up a table graciously having been invited to do so by those in charge of the show. They made us feel quite at home. This is one of the shows I feel very safe at, and comfortable as well. It is very family friendly and there were smiling toddlers all over the place practicing their walking skills, a thing that causes me to put the wheelchair in mui low gear so as to have a better chance of stopping when they inadvertently tilt the wrong way and tumble.

Another table at the show, "manned" as it were by Mrs Gutter, and the kids, is now in possession of a gumball machine. Get an orange ball (out of the many colors available), and a prize is forthcoming. Well, kids were pouring quarters into that gumball machine all night, and about halfway through to the end, this very tiny, very beautiful little girl won a silver necklace with a dragon pendent hanging from it. It was beyond cute. I get the impression that she had a great night because in 3 hours of wrestling, I never once saw her not smiling.

Speaking of kids, DSPW's Micky Godwin is a grandfather, having recently chauffeured into the world, a beautiful baby boy, son of Mickey and Sabrina's daughter Chelsea, and proud papa, beloved referee Archie Brooks. A little prayer added on for this and all newborns would be great. There are a lot of nasty bugs out there ready to take a try at a new immune system. You should see this little guy though. He's a cutie.

My friend Norm, who is a talented writer of wrestling oriented prose, has suggested to me that I take more time to spell check and grammar check this blog. By doggies he is right! You deserve better than misplaced vowels and typos. I promise I will try and do better. If I miss one, give me a heads up in the comments section.

Norm, by the way has a great web site.

Click to http://www.prowrestlingarena.com/ .

His web site is better than mine (Grrr). Seriously, click him down. You won't regret it, I promise.

We went to see Race To Witch Mountain Sunday. Love seeing The Rock in the movies. Would love to see Fabian Espinoza, aka "Bulldozer Gram" aka "Gino Galento" in the movies if he could ever get a speaking part. I personally think casting directors will discover him soon enough. He's "ethnic" and would be a perfect pirate in the Caribbean.

From the "Oh My God" department of Indy pro wrestling comes BTY vs Milo and Terry Ryker vs Super Nerd. These two New Heights Wrestling matches were national television quality. I never knew the human skeleton could survive such punishment. My personal thanks to them for some of the best wrestling I have seen around our area. More people should make the trek to Florala, Al. Come on. Gas is cheap right now and the Chinese will take it if you don't use it.

I got a little feedback from the DSPW, Tiny Tiswell message board post located at

Posted: from tiny tiswell to all bob is just pissed off because he can no longer have a table for free so his opinion does not matter and im not a mark like he is.

Folks, I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried and be half as funny.

Without reiteration of the entire boring gripe, let me just say, yea, the bum tried to charge me $25 for access to at most 50 people, after breaking his promise that I would have no charge access to two Pensacola shows in acknowledgement for a favor done him which was to design and print 500 custom numbered tickets to use for "his" promotion.

Needless to say, a man whose word is no good is a brigand and a toady*.

Last, but certainly not least, a million thanks to the lady at NHW who bought a copy of my recently published book, The Absolute Beginner's Guide to Gulf Coast Wrestling. She made me feel like King of the World.

That's a great feeling. It must be how DJ Pringle feels when he has done such a great job of making fans hate him that they are still booing him after he returns to the locker room. At NHW, Erick heckled him until he almost burst into tears, snarling to an unfeeling crowd, I am NOT a potato chip!

Afterward, Erick said, "that was FUN"

The twenty kids and fans helping him agreed vociferously.

That's 'rasslin.


*Definition: Toady, A sycophant who flatters others to gain personal advantage.

***

An addendum made at 12:20am Monday:

Message from Mickey, coming from a "64" AOL IP number, which makes it suspect (possible fake post).

The post reads:

"I SUGGUST YOU REMOVE THE BLOG AND COMMENTS MADE ABOUT DSPW NOW BOB. YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH TINY NOT DSPW. DSPW HAS TEAM SEXY...REDNECK MAFIA... GOTHIC WARRIOR...JERRY REINER AND CRUZE AS THE INVASION EVIL BANDIT...REBEL...ROMEO..HOTSTUFF..EVERGREEN MCQUEEN...610 KID SO THIS MEANS YOU ARE DOWN GRADING THE WHOLE GROUP BECAUSE OF A TABLE FEE.PLEASE HAVE THIS REMOVED BY NOON PLEASE."

First of all, the poster makes a good point concerning the talent.

Team Sexy is legitimately skilled tag team that looks good and wrestles well.

The Redneck Mafia, Steve Fury and the wrestler formerly known as B.A.D. are above excellent, though I personally have an issue with any wrestler working in the audience, this tag team at least takes a moment to clear a path, and fairly, probably went for "shock value" the first time they did this with me in attendance.

The Invasion, Reiner and Cruze, are among my favorites and are noted for a well developed skill set that includes more moves than Mayflower Van Lines.

Evil Bandit, which I presume to denote "Evil Short Bandit" I believe is wasting his talent wrestling Tiswell over and over again. Others will disagree, undoubtedly. I believe Short Bandit should be in wrestling school in Tampa preparing for a million dollar gig in the WWE. But again, that is my personal opinion.

Rebel, I have only seen a few times and he has been competent and affable according to my memory.

610 Kid is the often opponent of the previously discussed jeans-for-gimmick Drop Dead Gorgeous. Between the two of them, they have missed more spots than a drunken dry cleaner. 610 works better against experienced opponents and has a gimmick and boots. He is young and that excuses inexperience. He is not unpleasant to watch, true dat.

Evergreen McQueen is plodding and ponderous and also loses his way from time to time. His bulk disguises many mistakes, and he is affable, which in turn measures him for popularity.

Gothic Warrior's showmanship is entertaining for sure.

I don't know Romeo, Hotstuff or any others who might feel institutionally besmirched by my assessment of Tiswell's (perceived by me) incompetency. Suffice it to say that my memory is fuzzy, me being a senior citizen and all.

Yes, I do have a problem with Tiswell. And as has been said many times, Tiswell is the FACE MAN for DSPW, therefore the two are inexorably intertwined. If Mickey reasserts ownership of DSPW, my problem ends, whether or not I ever step foot inside another show.

As for "downgrading the whole group" that is an obfuscation. The fact that each and every wrestler puts his ass on the line every time he enters the ring is irrefutable. It cannot be denigrated by me or anyone else.

That said, the "suggestion" that I remove this blog, or cease to discuss my feelings about any situation I find myself in contains (what I see as ) a veiled threat. Whether the post is a fake Mickey posting, or the Real Micky McCoy does not matter. I refuse to delete anything on this blog for any reason, no matter how much I cherish the friendship of the person making the suggestion. And I do so without malice or anger, but in sadness at the principle that must be defended.

On another note, I have to say that if you have read all this, congratulations. You are an awesome reader! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment