Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Want My Daily Galaxy - Now!


One of the first things I do of a morning, after eating a proper bowl of Cheerios while checking the message boards for overnight vandalism, is to surf over to The Daily Galaxy web site to see what rousing bit of science is making headlines that day. Being a Science fiction Writer, it makes a lot of sense to me to pop onto this "science fact site" because I never can tell from what article will result a story.

What doesn't make any sense (at least not to me), is that here lately, when I go to DailyGalaxy.com , the page starts flashing, jumping up and down, rendering it useless for any purpose of reading. Now I am pretty sure that stupid advertisements are doing this and I am very angry about it. If I can't the front page of this important (to me) site, then I am going to make damn sure that I boycott every single advertiser in that flashing array on the right of the screen.

So far, emails, and comments left have had no affect at all. It's as though the editors or blogmasters or whatever they are don't give a crap that the readers can't read the articles on the site.

Crap.

Nobody listens to just one person. If the advertisers would just blend in with the web a little bit and not shoot alien code into my computer all the time looking for attention, then maybe, just maybe, I might consider clicking on their banners once in a while.

Multi-media advertising should be banned from the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment